initially started as a Geocities website when I was in 6th grade. Over the years, it has slowly evolved into a place where I can practice and become familiar with web development as it progresses. I started out coding with Microsoft Frontpage, then moved to Dreamweaver. Initially, there was very little coding, and it was all WYSIWYG. However, as I learned more, I could make it more interactive.

I incorporate drawings and blog posts to keep those that are interested updated. Through the evolution of the website, I was forced to learn HTML, PHP, CSS, XML, jQuery, javascript, and the handling of MySQL Databases. I've put online some code samples.
2018: Jan | Mar |
2017: Mar | Apr |
2016: Jan |
2015: Jan | Feb | Apr | May | Jun | Aug | Sep | Oct |
2014: Jan | Feb | Mar | May | Jun | Sep | Nov | Dec |
2013: Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jul | Aug | Sep | Nov | Dec |
2012: Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Nov | Dec |
2011: Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | Jun | Jul | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec |
2010: Sep | Oct | Dec |
2009: Mar |
2008: Jan | Feb |
2007: Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec |
Looking for even older posts?
The following are hosted on a or Platform:
2007: Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov |
2006: Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec |
Snow Day
Twas a snow day today (first in 29 years or so), so I decided to fiddle around with my drawing pad. This was the result:
Hopefully this works. I'm doing some background stuff, but its really the last thing I truly have to do to the site before I can start on new stuff.
Notice Anything Different

Just spent some time doing a major overhaul of the site.
Here's some of the things that I did:

Got rid of all of the ads!
Seriously, who needs em.

Passworded the entry page
I used to make entries in a simple form that required html input and would generate output. However, this became annoying because I had to type it all in html, which becomes tiresome if you are trying to post a lot of images. My first step was to make this WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get)entry, meaning that instead of having to input html, I now just input normal text, like what you're seeing now. This makes posting a lot simpler. It was just a matter of inserting the following onto the page:

<script src="" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">bkLib.onDomLoaded(nicEditors.allTextAreas);</script>

I password protected the page. Theoretically up until now anybody could have posted to the main blog had they found the page. I did make this a bit less possible through makign the posting page non-indexable so people couldn't unintentionally find it. However, the security was maxed up, because there were a couple times when we did get bots spamming it and I had to go in and manually delete it. I've decided that adding comments to the blog posts will not happen, seeing as when I did a trial run the majority of what I got was spammers (take a look here if you're interested).

Major revision of the Drawings page
I spent a good deal of time thinking how I could make the drawings page easier to navigate. When I initially made the page, I did not know that much about php, and was basically copying and pasting from things I found online. However, I realized that I could make it much better.

My first step was to transfer the showing of the images from html to php. This way, it would be much easier to store all of the various image links as a long string in php (spanning multiple lines), and then navigate through that string looking for the next or previous element. Long story short, I added a previous and next button which makes the page easier to navigate. Also note, if you're on the first or last image, you don't have the option to go previous or next, respectively. I also made them rollover buttons. Chicks dig rollover effects.

I also added an image resizer that reduces the size of the image so it doesn't mess up the format on the entire page. You'll notice it if you ever see the words "this image has been resized" below the image. As a sidenote, I managed to add a message that appears if you somehow end up at an image that doesn't exist. So long to that annoying "Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /var/www/" message that would appear. Ew.

Optimized the search so it works a lot better.

Possible future endeavors
* Make "random" button for the images
* Add all of the jabberbox pictures
* Clean up the Archive
* Message if there is an error for blog posts.

One big project that I hope to do (though you wouldn't notice it) is to make the frontpage/blog automatically archive after each month. It shouldn't be too hard, but it will require me learning more about dates in php and how my files interact. Should be a good challenge.

Chi Square Test for Independence
Thought something up in Math class yesterday and figured I'd post it:
And thus, with a p value > .05, we fail to reject the null.  The Kingdom of Scotland DOES appear to be independent from the Kingdom of England.
And thus, with a p value > .05, we fail to reject the null. The Kingdom of Scotland DOES appear to be independent from the Kingdom of England.
The Weather is Fantabulous
I'm currently laying down on a bench in the middle of campus, staring at the sky and waiting for my next class, "How Things Work," to start in 15 minutes. I've never posted something from my phone, so this is a first. The weather is perfect here, hopefully it stays like this. We're having a moist session of soccer tomorrow, playing with the Wash U club team, so it should be a good competitive group. It'll be my first time playing soccer since winter break, so I'm anxiously awaiting it.
Untitled Document